We are very lucky in Somerset to have found 16 of the 17 breeding species of UK bats. Click here to find out which are Somersets most common, and rarest, bats.
Ground breaking citizen science, with Big Bat Surveys running across the county from 2007 to 2017. Click here to learn more.
Every year group members spend much of the summer surveying in Somerset to add to our national records of bats. Click here to find out how to get involved.
Interesting bat articles that we have commented on
Other links about Bats in Somerset
- Somerset County Council – Somerset Bat Species Action Plan
- Mendip District Council – Habitat Regulations Assessment – Includes Mells Bats SAC and Mendip Bats SAC
Mendip Bats SAC
- Natural England – European Site Conservation Objectives for North Somerset & Mendip Bats SAC (UK0030052)
- North Somerset and Mendip Bats Special Area of Conservation (SAC) Guidance on Development
Mells Bats SAC
- European Site Conservation Objectives for Mells Valley SAC (UK0012658)
- JNCC – Mells Valley SAC