Our committee officers are elected, and members co-opted, at our AGM each year:
Partner Group of BCT
The Somerset Bat Group is a partner group of the Bat Conservation Trust. Details of this are in the following documents:
We are covered under BCT group’s third-party liability insurance
- 2023 Certificate of Liability
- 2023 Overview of bat group insurance policy
- 2023 SBG Compliance Statement
- Receipt for 2023, and conformation of Insurance terms from BCT (valid until 29/12/23)
Our insurance requires us to have risk assessments to cover all group activities.
Last updated 31st March 2023, next review due 31st March 2025.
- SBG Risk Assessment for Evening Field Work
- SBG Risk Assessment for Big Bat Counts
- SBG Risk Assessment for Public Bat Walks
- SBG Risk Assessment for Stands at Public Events
- SBG Risk Assessment for Bat Box checks
- SBG Risk Assessment for Bat Roost visits to buildings
- SBG Risk Assessment for Bat Roost visits to caves
We follow the BCT’s safeguarding policy, and its explanation for Bat groups. Our Safeguarding Officer is Adel Avery, please contact her directly if you have any questions or concerns to share.
Data Protection and GDPR
SBG kit Inventory
We have SBG equipment available for loan to verified group members.