Hi Somerset batters,
There is lots going on at the moment, with the NBMP Field Surveys just finishing, and the British Bat Surveys underway. The Waterways surveys are due to start soon, and the Bats in Churches survey has kicked off, so there are lots of chances to get involved.
Below is the latest Bulletin from the BCT, with lots of details of exciting conferences and courses, and full details in the links.
Also below are the voting details for the annual Pete Guest award, which recognises lifetime contribution to Bat Conservation. Details of the nominees, and how to vote below.
Somerset Bat Group
Dear bat group member.
Welcome to the July edition of the Bat Group Bulletin.
I’m sure, like many bats groups you are enjoying the fine weather that’s allowing you to undertake lots of bat counts and batty activities? We’re looking forward to hearing all about it towards the end of the summer. There are some very interesting Batty Papers, Dates for your Diary and Training
Places are limited for the ABST Course in Dorset in August, so book early to avoid disappointment. For more details look under BCT Training
Three Flyers are linked below in this Bulletin, promoting the National Bat Conference, the Conservation and Technology Conference and the Advanced Bat Survey Technique Course. Bookings are only open for another three weeks.
- Advanced Bat Survey Techniques – 21-23 AUGUST. BOOK NOW!
- The Pete Guest Award. Voting is open – VOTE NOW!
- NBMP Waterway Survey – SIGN UP NOW!
- New home for the back catalogue of Scottish BATS.
- International Bat Night – less than a month away. Bat Night Pack available.
- Back from the Brink in the Lottery Award finals – VOTE NOW!
- The Whitley Awards 2020 are now open to apply for conservation funding.
- Bat Research Papers, Reports & Other Batty Media.
- Key Dates for Your Diary – Including BCT Events and Training.
- National Bat Conference Flyer – 6to8 Sept 2019, Nottingham
- Conservation and Technology Conference Flyer – 6 Sept 2019, Notts
- Advanced Bat Survey Techniques Flyer – 21-23 August 2019, Swanage
Pete Guest Award 2019 – Voting Now Open
Thank you to everyone who has provided nominations for the Pete Guest Award this year. Please find attached the nominations document for 2019, which includes the list of nominees, the statement(s) of support submitted for each, and details of how to vote. Also attached is a form for postal votes (NB please do not use this form for votes by email). These documents are also available on the BCT website at:www.bats.org.uk/pages/nationalconferenceawards.html
To register your vote by email:
- Please copy and paste the relevant voting reference (see table on page 2 of the attached nominations document) into the subject of a new email
- Write your name and bat group (if you are a member of one) only in the main body of text
- Email to: email@example.com 5.30 pm on Wednesday 21st August.
Please be aware that if the voting reference has not been entered correctly, your vote may not be registered. Therefore please double check before sending.
To register your vote by post:
- Print out and complete the voting form attached to this email
- Return the form to: Pete Guest Award, FAO Colin Morris, Bat Conservation Trust, Quadrant House, 250 Kennington Lane, London. SE11 5RD by Wednesday 21stAugust.
Votes received after 5.30pm on 21st August will not be valid, therefore please ensure you allow sufficient time for delivery.
If you have any questions about the voting process please don’t hesitate to get in touch by email:firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7820 7193.