Hi Batty friends!
Welcome to our first email of the year. We had a committee meeting recently and discussed two exciting potential Bat Group projects for 2020!
- Working with the Dorset Group, on radio tracking Bechstein’s bat in mid Somerset as part of the “finding its limit” project.
- In the north of the county, a large scale, two year, landscape survey of the Mells Valley SAC bats using low cost static recorders (Audiomoths)
Lots of help will be needed for both projects, and we hope to bring you more info in the next email.
Time to renew your Somerset Bat Group Membership!
You can now rejoin the bat group online for the 2020/21 season. Full details of how to join on our website: https://somersetbat.group/join/
We have just set up a EasyFundraising account so now whenever you buy anything online, from your weekly shop to your annual holiday, you could be raising free donations for the Somerset Bat Group. There is absolutely no cost to you, and it just takes a couple of extra clicks! More info on link below
Somerset Bat Group AGM – Sat 25th April 2020 @ 1:30PM
Put the date in your diary! All members are invited to come along to hear more about the past years activities, and the exciting plans for 2020.
- Othery Village Hall, Fore Street, Othery, Bridgwater TA7 0QS
The BCT have recently sent us the interim results for the summer 2019 NBMP surveys in Somerset.
- Roost emergence counts – Interim Somerset results map
- Field Surveys – Interim Somerset results map
- Waterways Survey – Interim Somerset results map
- Interim Summer Survey numbers for Somerset
Includes a important update on roofing membranes, and news of local BCT training courses.
Looking forward to another superb year, see you in the darkness!