In this message we have:
- A reminder of our Bechstein’s radio-tracking project
- Our AGM is at the end of the month, we hope to see you there!
- Could you help the Bat group, and join the bat group committee?
- The latest bat group bulletin, which includes an update on COVID-19 and Bat Group Activities.
BECHSTEIN’S RADIO TRACKING
Many thanks to the 14 people who have volunteered to help with this!
The training day for this exciting project is coming up soon, on the 16th of April at the Great Bow Wharf, Langport (https://www.greatbow.org.uk/) at 10am – 4pm. It comprises a talk by Nick Tomlinson from Dorset Bat Group about the theory with some practical in the afternoon in the fields behind. If you would like to get involved please let Paul know.
“The tracking is a follow-up to the surveys we conducted in 2010/2011, when we took part in BCT’s Bechstein’s Bat Project. We did rather well, contributing lots of lovely records for Somerset woodlands and showing that Somerset is an important ‘hotspot’ for the species and prompting my fellow coordinator for the county to produce the attached paper for SANHS. I have also attached BCT’s final report.”
Full details of the project were in our last email and on our website.
BAT GROUP AGM 2022
Just a quick reminder that for our AGM this year we hope to meet in person in 2022, in Othery Village Hall, central Somerset
- Sat 30th April @ 2PM
- Othery Village Hall, Fore Street, Othery, Somerset TA7 0QU
- Google Map link – OS map link
If you would prefer not to attend in person, we hope to stream the meeting via Zoom:
- Join Zoom Meeting: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/83014761415?pwd=VnN1OGI0Mm5TMlZTcktJc0tJeDQwdz09
- Meeting ID: 830 1476 1415
- Passcode: 894560
Agenda and pre-meeting reports are on our website, and linked to below:
If you have anything you would like to raise as AOB at the AGM please email it to us ASAP. somersetbatgroup@somersetbatgroup
There is always more to do in the bat world than hours in the day, and hence we are always looking for experienced people to come forward to help out on the SBG committee.
At a minimum this can be a very low commitment:
- One annual committee meeting each January, to plan the year ahead.
- One or two committee emails a week, for the committee’s input.
However, if you have more time, then there is a lot, lot more to get involved in! For instance, we are currently looking for a new Secretary, and you can find out about the role here.
If you would like to help, please do email us before the AGM – somersetbatgroup@somersetbatgroup
march BAT GROUP BULLETIN
The latest bat group bulletin includes an update on COVID-19 / SARS-CoV-2 and Bat Group Activities, see link below: